27 April 2007

Catch Up Scrappin’


Does one ever get “caught up” on their scrapbooking? Time just keeps forging ahead, and so do all those memories that we want to capture in our scrapbooks. I’ve got boxes, drawers, envelopes, and photo albums bursting with pictures that need to be scrapped. Where do you start? I’ve read that you shouldn’t bother trying to scrapbook chronologically, you should just dive in wherever you are in life. It feels so random, but, hey, at least I’m getting something done! This layout jumped out at me from the May issue of Simple Scrapbooks; a page by one of my favorite scrapbook artists, the wonderful and inspiring Cathy Zielske. How do you choose just one photo to feature on a page? Well, you just dig in. I literally dug through one of my many junque (that just looks so much more meaningful than “junk,” doesn’t it?) drawers and pulled out this 5 x 7 of Niamh. It turned out to be a perfect fit with the layout.

This layout uses all Stampin’ Up! materials: Gable Green, Only Orange, Whisper White cardstock; Pixie Pink ink; Dots & Dashes Designer Series Papers; Polka Dots & Paisleys set; Rough Edges and Typeset alphabet stamps; On Board Accents chipboard slide frame; Bold Brights Eyelets; and the Write Me A Memory Vol. 1 font CD (Casual font). The journaling was printed on white cardstock, then Gable Green ink was rolled on using the sponge attachment for my brayer.

No comments: